Saturday, June 19, 2010

A Fun Night In Quito

I just thought I would update another time before the team comes to tell you about last night in Quito. One of the girls that I am working with celebrated her 23rd birthday on Wednesday, so last night, Gustavo (one of the guys in charge of us at Casa Blanca through Inca Link) took us out to this amazing Mexican restaurant and then he took us downtown to a place where we could karaoke. It was so much fun and we just spent the whole night laughing and having a great time in each other's company. I sang a ton of songs, but some of the highlights were: "Never Gonna Give You Up," "Kokomo," "Pour Some Sugar On Me," "Sweet Child of Mine," "Barbie Girl," "As Long As You Love Me," and "Gangsta's Paradise." We just had a great time with one another and it was a great way to finally be all back together all 4 of us before we have a team coming tonight. I just wanted to share how awesome of a night I had last night just because I was hanging around the right people, but still being able to be the goofy person that I can be. Today we are just continuing to prepare for the team and prepare ourselves to go off to El Carmen for a couple of days. It has been real cold here, so going towards the coast by El Carmen will be quite a temperature change, but it will probably be nice to feel some heat for a change. I'm excited to get myself in some construction projects and work hard for this building of the church this next week.

Thanks again for all the support through all the great experiences I have been having!

Here's some picture highlights from last night :)

Cassidi and Me with an AMAZING chocolate shake!

Singing "Never Gonna Give You Up"

"Gangsta's Paradise" with Marissa :)

"Kokomo" with Gustavo!

"As Long As You Love Me" with Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment